February 5, 2018
Perfect Storm Pride
Congratulations to our teams who competed in Calgary this past weekend. Thunder, Inferno, and Vortex all placed first and Twisters and Cyclones came in second in very tight divisions.
Love Storm Week – Feb 9-15!
This Friday is the start of LOVE STORM week and we have lots of exciting things to share as part of our special week!
1. Our new website just launched! We hope you will check it out at www.pefectstormathletics.com
2. Free Fridays – starting this Friday, our Friday 4-6pm open gyms are back and are FREE for Perfect Storm athletes
3. Our 2018-19 Program Handbook will be released next week! The handbook contains all the information you need to know about next season.
4. “Love Storm ~ Love Your Community” We are asking families to bring in non-perishable items for the food bank. We will have boxes at the gym to collect your donations.
5. Athletes are welcome to wear any Perfect Storm gear to practices between Friday, Feb 9 & Thursday, Feb 15.
Thursday, Feb 1 8-10pm
Friday Feb 9 4-6pm (free for Perfect Storm Athletes)
Sunday, Feb 11 – 7-9pm
Teachers’ Convention Clinics – Feb 8 & 9
Athletes who have Teachers’ Convention on Feb 3 & 4 are invited to attend one of these tumbling clinics:
Front & Back Walkovers – 9:30am-12pm. Athletes must have a solid handstand and strong bridge.
Back Handsprings – 9:30am-12pm. Athletes must have a strong back walkover.
Tucks – 12:30pm-3pm. Athletes must be able to perform a series of at least 2 standing back handsprings as well as a strong round off back handspring on the floor.
Clinics are $85 and are open for registration. Click here to access your account.
Stay tuned for Edmonton Teachers’ Convention Clinic info!
Gym Closure Dates
Family Day weekend – Friday, Feb 16 through Sunday, Feb 18 there are no classes or practices. The gym is open for classes and practices on Monday, Feb 19.
Spring Break/Easter – Friday, March 23-Sunday, April 1 there are no classes or practices. Exception: youth teams will practice Mar 30/31 at their regular time due to the Sea to Sky competition the next weekend. We are open for classes and practices on April 2. we are also open for private lessons during Spring Break.
Competition Schedule for January-April
- Red Deer Cheer & Dance Challenge – Feb 24. This is for all-star teams who are not traveling to Calgary for the Battle of Champions. All-star teams who are participating in the Red Deer event will not practice Feb 23, 24, or 25.
- True North – Mar 9-11. This is for prep & all-star teams as well as Rainbows. The event is held at the Edmonton Expo Centre. This will be the final competition of the season for our prep teams & Rainbows. Like Cold Snap, it is a one day event for prep, tiny, and mini teams, and a 2 day event for youth and older. This is the last event for our prep teams.
- All-Star Cheer Extravaganza – Apr 20-21. This competition is held at the Shaw Conference Centre downtown. Our all-star tiny through senior teams plus Vortex will participate in this event. This is a one-day event. Teams will compete either Friday or Saturday. Based on the past, prep has been Friday and all-star on Saturday but we have not received any draft schedules yet so please do not make other plans.
The parents’ association will be selling WEM Galaxyland Tickets again this week. The date of the event is March 3, 2018 from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis, with NO MAXIMUM, and NO HOLDS.
The sale price is $20 per ticket which is a savings of $13. Athletes will profit $5 per ticket.
Times of sale at the Edmonton gym:
Tuesday – 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Wednesday – 6:00pm -8:00pm
Thursday – 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Judging 101 Session
On Sunday Feb. 11 at 4pm, Coach Melissa will run a 45 min judging information session for parents who would like to learn more about how cheer teams are scored.
Parent Information Sessions
We will be holding important parent meetings from Feb 11-21 for each of our prep and all-star teams to cover information on the balance of the season as well as what to expect for next season. This will also be an opportunity for parents to give us feedback and make suggestions. We ask that one parent or representative come from each family.
Sunday, Feb 11
11:00am: Youth Prep Windchill
12:30pm: Tiny Prep Dew Drops
1:00pm: Tiny Prep Ice Crystals
1:30pm: Youth Prep Flurry
3:00pm: Mini Prep Drizzle
3:30pm: Junior Prep Chill
Monday, Feb 12
6:00pm: Youth 1 Frost
7:00pm: Youth 3 Avalanche
Tuesday, Feb 13:
5:30: Mini 2 Hail
6:15: Junior 1 Hurricanes
7:00: Senior 3 Ice
Wednesday, Feb 14
6:00pm: Junior 3 Twisters
7:00pm: Junior 2 Cyclones
Thursday, Feb 15
5:00pm: Tiny Prep Snowflakes
6:00pm: Senior 1 Tsunami
7:00pm: Mini Prep Icicles
Monday, Feb 19
6:00pm: Youth 1 Freeze
7:00pm: Senior 2 Typhoons
Tuesday, Feb 20
6:00pm: Senior 4 Tornadoes
7:00pm: Youth 2 Blizzard
Wednesday, Feb 21
5:30pm: Tiny Sprinkles
6:30pm: Mini 1 Rain
7:15pm: Youth 2 Wildfire
All-star athletes are asked to bring their old skirts in to their next practice to swap them for the new and improved version!
Special Items for Sale
Perfect Storm Luggage – $155 plus GST Click for photo: Logo Luggage
Lululemon style tops – choose black or white – $90 plus GST Click for photo: Black Lulu Click for size chart: Size chart
American girl doll uniforms $85 plus GST. Will look like our current uniforms. No bow.
To order please email Dianne@perfectstormathletics.