The Weather Forecast – Perfect Storm’s Weekly Newsletter
Weather Forecast – June 29, 2020
Today is the day that we re-open the gym after closing on March 13. We are so excited to welcome you all back and have lots of protocols in place to ensure everyone is kept safe.
Please take a moment to watch our video on returning to the gym: https://youtu.be/k7pt_FT90Eo
COVID Screening Form
We have developed a screening form that must be filled out EVERY TIME an athlete comes to the gym. This will be in effect until further notice. Athletes whose forms are not filled out will not be permitted to enter the gym. We suggest that you save the link to this form so that you have easy access to it each time you come to the gym. All staff will also be required to fill this form out. We have been having issues with the actual link being emailed but the form does work. If the link does not work, please just copy the URL into a browser. You can also access the link from our Storm Chasers page on Facebook. Link to the form: https://forms.gle/j3zKsW9KNTUYzpsM7
New Policies Reminder
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Perfect Storm Athletics will have several new policies in place when we re-open in July. These will include but are not limited to:
- Daily health screening of all participants and staff. Anyone who has not completed the form or is ill/have any symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted in the gym.
- No spectators permitted in the gym.
- Athletes may not enter the gym more than 5 minutes before a class or lesson and must leave immediately following the conclusion of their class or lesson.
- Athletes must come to the gym dressed and ready. Do not bring extra bags, jackets, etc with you into the gym.
- Water bottles MUST be labelled with the athlete’s name.
- Athletes and coaches will remain 6 feet apart.
- Hand-washing and sanitizing processes will be in place along with additional cleaning of the gym and equipment.
We ask that everyone please be respectful of these new policies and remain diligent in following all protocols to ensure the health of all of our athletes and staff.
Be sure to sign up for one of our summer training programs.
- 5 week cheer & tumbling session that starts next week. Only a few spots left.
- Half and full day camps for 6-11 year olds plus a new “tween” camp.
- Kids 3.4-5 can enjoy a half day camp.
- 5 week virtual fitness, jumps & conditioning, and stretch classes (see below)
- Private lessons – click here for the schedule and booking information
Registration is open for all of these programs. Tumbling clinics will be added soon.
We had great success with our 8 week virtual program and will continue to run some virtual classes during our 5 week summer session.
- Fitness Bundle with Coach Sam & Coach Leane – Sam will run a fitness class Monday through Thursday from 12-12:45pm. Leanne will be running 3 adult fitness classes – Tuesdays at 7:30pm, Thursdays at 9:30am and Saturdays at 9:30am.
- Jumps & Conditioning with Coach Jesse – work on a wide range of jump drills and conditioning to get yourself ready for placements.
- Stretch & Flyer Training with Coach Heather – work on a variety of stretching exercises designed to improve flexibility and air positions.
- Adult fitness with Coach Leanne – these classes can either be taken as part of the fitness bundle or you can register for one, two or three days of adult fitness only. You choose your day.
Click here for a link to our summer schedule – the last tab is the virtual training schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/162OiTJRBcvlT2-iVV62Bzt3THhYsqvb8hBvz-kmjeZ0/edit?usp=sharing
Private lessons are open for booking. Space is very limited. Because athletes are not allowed in the gym prior to their scheduled lesson and cannot warm up in the gym before, we have a list of activities athletes can do in the grass (6 feet apart) before their lesson if they like. Anyone in a 1 hour lesson should not need to warm up outside.
- Jumping jacks or cheer jacks
- Hollow body hops
- Pike walks
- Inch worms
- Leg kicks
- Stretch wrists and ankles
2020-21 Program Handbook
You can access the new handbook from our website at www.perfectstormathletics.com.